Thursday 1 April 2010

Finished Music Video

Basic Plot:

An other-worldly creature lands on Earth and explores the environment surrounding it. As it observes the natural beauty, it soon becomes clear that a negative influence has taken affect on the world – humanity. As the video progresses, we see this influence become more and more dominant (polluting factory, problems with alcohol etc), until eventually the creature leaves to return to its own planet.

I used Adobe Premiere Elements to edit my music video. I cut down my footage using the razor tool and added a number of effects to make it more interesting. For example, I added a greyscale overlay, which then cut to colour using a short fade in between to make it look as if the "creature" was blinking. I also used a slow-motion effect on the scene in the busy high street, and tried to keep the cuts between scenes in-time with the music as this is a typical convention of music videos, whereby the imagery links to the musicality of the song.

I was generally pleased with the outcome, however I did receive some feedback from my target demographic which they thought could have improved the video. For example, they felt that certain scenes could have used shorter cuts to keep the video at a steady pace throughout. Also, although some people liked the surrealism of the plot, others found it quite confusing at times and interpreted it differently to how I had intended, so for future projects I would probably make the plot slightly less ambiguous.

No comments:

Post a Comment